I’m happy to announce that my first book, Homegrown Tomatoes: The step-by-step guide to growing delicious organic tomatoes in your garden is now available at Amazon and via PayPal for all eReaders.
It’s a short book on best practices for growing tomatoes organically in your garden or containers. I also wanted Homegrown Tomatoes to be a reference for new and experienced gardeners, so I included indexes for the most common diseases and pests of tomatoes. I researched this information extensively, via the extension offices of Michigan State University, Cornell University, and others.
My aim was to make this organic gardening book a cut (or 2) above many of the gardening Ebooks on growing tomatoes I’ve encountered online. So I hired an editor, recently retired from the publishing industry, and an expert at formatting Ebooks, because I wanted it to display beautifully on Kindle, Nook, iPad, or any mobile reader.
I also included images of tomatoes that I’ve grown in my garden over the past 4 years, like this image of tomato blossoms.Homegrown Tomatoes will help you learn:
- the basics on soil and compost
- how to get your organic garden bed or containers ready for planting
- how to start tomato seeds indoors
- how to plant your seedlings for deeper rooting and protection from wind and weather
- how to feed your tomatoes organically for maximum size
- how to prune your tomatoes to produce larger fruit
- the different ways of supporting your tomatoes
- how to get your tomato plants through a heat wave
- how to use companion plants to fight tomato pests
- the different ways to preserve your tomato harvest
- includes indexes on the most common insect pests and diseases and how to treat them organically
I hope you enjoy Homegrown Tomatoes, and find it useful. I can guarantee that if you follow the advice in this book, your tomatoes will grow like they’re on steroids – organic steroids, of course.
If you decide to purchase the book, I’d really appreciate a review on Amazon. Thanks in advance for that.
If you have a problem with your PayPal purchase, please contact me: email@example.com.